Start a new topic

SMS and outgoing CNAM

When are you going to have SMS and CNAM(outgoing) available?

2 people like this idea

Google provides no API for SMS, only the Google Voice web site. Besides, SIP MESSAGE (SIMPLE) would really be the only way to do SMS over a SIP service and not many clients implement this. Those that do are softphones and if you are using a softphone you can have a web browser open next to it for SMS through the GV web site.

CNAM storage (outgoing CNAM) is not possible. Google does not permit setting of CNAM.

Outgoing SMS would be legit!

Outgoing Caller ID Name Is NOT sent with the call. When a call comes in most providers check a database. and get the corresponding name. That name is then sent to your phone along with the number and call.

The issue is that there is no corresponding listing in the database for your number.

You can do as I did and do a "Voluntary listing" . For years now when I have called people they often see my name on my GV Line, but not always, as it depends on their provider too.. 

See here

https://www.google.com.mx/search?client=ubuntu&hs=xCj&q=list+my+number+in+telephone+directory&oq=list+my+number+in+telephone+directory&gs_l=psy-ab.3...15142.15142.0.121689.1.1.0.0.0.0.135.135.0j1.1.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.wzbkg02bnb4

Outgoing Caller ID Name Is NOT sent with the call. When a call comes in most providers check a database. and get the corresponding name. That name is then sent to your phone along with the number and call.

The issue is that there is no corresponding listing in the database for your number.

You can do as I did and do a "Voluntary listing" . For years now when I have called people they often see my name on my GV Line, but not always, as it depends on their provider too.. 

See here

https://www.google.com.mx/search?client=ubuntu&hs=xCj&q=list+my+number+in+telephone+directory&oq=list+my+number+in+telephone+directory&gs_l=psy-ab.3...15142.15142.0.121689.1.1.0.0.0.0.135.135.0j1.1.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.wzbkg02bnb4

Login or Signup to post a comment